- We have a new president! A thoughtful Democrat who will value the things I value and raise our standing in the world.
- I have a new book contract! My recently finished story, Secrets to Die For, will be published for people to buy and read. Oh happy day!
- I have three great sons, who all contacted me yesterday (calling, texting, visiting) to let me know they had voted (and for Barack Obama).
- My husband has a job, and I have some freelance work coming. We will stay solvent!
- My wonderful husband has worked hard to resolve my exercise issues, and, as a result, my chronic knee pain is diminished!
So today (and going forward), I am grateful for these things and more. I posted this list next to my computer where I’ll see it first—and last—thing every day.