- Writing out a check for every purchase and household bill and keeping up with the damn little check register, subtracting as I went along. Love online banking and bill paying. They do the math!
- Running to check the answering machine the minute I got home to see what calls I missed (and often swearing as a result). Love cell phones!
- Muting commercials and waiting endlessly for them to be over. Love digital recorders! (TiVo especially.) Recording programs and skipping through the crap is the only way I can watch TV.
- Walking around Blockbuster reading the back of DVD cases, trying to find a decent movie. (And don't get me started on the damn late fees!) Love Netflix! And its new “Watch Instantly” feature.
- Sending every single agent/editor query by mail and waiting months for responses. Love e-mail queries! Rejection is easier when it’s faster—like ripping off a band-aid.
- Sending files to Adobe’s free converter program and waiting days to get the PDF back. Love making my own PDFs from Word and InDesign.
Tana French Series Heads to TV
19 minutes ago