It’s serendipitous that Dani tagged me in this meme. I was just thinking about why I have always used my initials as a writer, as opposed to my given name: Linda. When I was young, I heard my father say that men were better writers than women. So from day one as a journalist, I submitted my work under the name L.J. Sellers, so readers could not prejudge my writing based on gender. And as an employee in the work place, there were usually too many other Lindas, so I always said, “Call me L.J.” But if I were to write under pseudonyms, here’s some possibilities.
1. Real name plus my husband’s last name: Linda Hutchison
2. Gangsta name: (first 3 letters of real name plus izzle) Linizzle
3. Detective name: (favorite color/favorite animal) Blue Lemur
4. Soap Opera name: (middle name and street) Jean Lorrane
5. Star Wars name: (first 3 letters last name, first 2 letters first name) Selli
6. Superhero name: (2nd favorite color/favorite drink) Fuchsia D. Pepper
7. Witness Protection name: (parents’ middle names) Patricia Clark
8. Goth name: (black plus the name of one of your pets) Black Magoo
If I were ever to write a romance, Jean Lorrane would be the byline. And someday, when I write the futuristic thriller I have in mind, I think I'll go with Fuchsia Pepper. She's somebody I'd like to be some days. What's your favorite pseudonym?
A Whopper of a Change
2 hours ago